My Headlines

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Trusting the Press, By Donald J. Trump, Posted by Robert Paisola


Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with the press. Over the years, they’ve written some pretty great stories about me. And, over the years, there have been a lot of lies printed too. I’ve talked to some pretty incredible reporters and some who are just horrible and seem to make up whatever they want to write.

If it’s that way about me, I know it’s that way about almost everything I read. So how do you know when to believe what you read in print or what you hear on the news?

If you’re skeptical, you’re not alone. Right now, more than half of Americans say they tend not to trust the press. They take what they read or what they hear with a grain of salt, knowing maybe they’re not getting the whole story. And I think that’s pretty smart. You just can’t believe everything you hear. Nobody can be that gullible.

Maybe somewhat surprisingly, these days people tend to trust Internet news and information sites more than they trust television. They trust radio news even more...which is why I have a radio commentary.

It’s an election year, so you have to be smarter than ever. Sift through what you hear and what you read on the news and form your own opinions. Don’t trust everything.

No comments: